SHEFFIELD

CO-OPERATIVE

RAMBLERS

Logo1

Home Page Walks - Programme Walk Changes Weather Forecasts Join Us About Us News Photo Gallery


News

PLAQUE FOUND

The plaque which was erected in 1969 to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of the Co-op Ramblers  disappeared from its place at Longshaw. The plaque referred to Alderman Ballard who founded the Co-op Ramblers in 1920.

The plaque has now been located in the Rangers workshop at Longshaw. It will be returned to its original position after the woodwork has been replaced. 

Watch this space for when the plaque will be replaced. 

It will be located at grid reference SK262792.

We have now heard from the Rangers at Longshaw. They are still carrying out work in the Ballard plantation and over the winter they have felled some more conifers, and will be planting some Hawthorns and Rowans to make the edge of the planting look more natural. There will be a forestry horse working over the next few weeks to drag out some of the timber. Next Autumn there are a few more trees to thin out along the front edge. When they have finished in that area (Spring 2019) they will replace the plaque next to the Beech tree on the corner.